Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Goodbye Funkytown", or "I Suck At Keeping A Blog"

Today I closed up my apartment in Fort Worth and returned my keys to the office. I'm no longer in limbo. Round Rock is my only home now.
It was a little sad to leave my first apartment. I've been there for the last three years. I had some pretty good times there, along with some bad ones, too. Those walls witnessed the biggest spiritual growth spurt of my life thus far.
Being in a new town, starting over again...it's exciting. I feel I have a blank canvas. I feel like I can go out and choose the colors knowing that this time, I know a little more of what I'm doing. Still, I'm a little nervous. I'm not quite sure what will come of it. I've never been one to be comfortable about 'not being sure' because I was raised to make sure that I always was. However, that way just doesn't work for me. It never has, not really.

I'm in such an odd situation at the moment, and I suppose I could tell the details of it but it doesn't seem to matter that much. It's not my focus; my music is my focus. On Monday, if all goes well, I'm going to see someone about singing for their band. A neo-soul type project. I hope it goes well.

Well, until my next blog, kids. Hopefully it won't be an entire month away - this sort of thing is good for me. Helps collect my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christina!
    Thanks for finding my blog :) I got the shirt from a friend of mine, so I have no clue where it really came from. I would try searching on google. You'll probably find it.

    Hope you're back to blogging soon!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete